How to Create the Abundance Mindset
Life can be filled with abundance.
Editor's note: This is a guest post from Steve of Freedom Education.
Give away what you got.
It's not that complicated, really.
But let's think for a minute; what do a great number of people do instead?
When someone has a great idea, they hoard that idea. They don't give it away. They shelter and protect it. They keep it to themselves in fear that someone else might take it. They think, "I better save that idea for later." They don't share their ideas or give them away – they keep them.
Well, let's think – why would you do that?
The problem isn't that your ideas aren't any good. It's not even because your ideas aren't worthy or that you aren't worthy – because you are. The problem is your thinking. You think that if you give one idea away that you won't come up with more great ideas. And that fear has got you living in the lake of lack.
Instead, you could start by giving what you got.
Let's look at Bloggers
Why do a lot of bloggers fail to be successful online? Bloggers don't fail because they're terrible writers (although there are some). And they don't fail because they don't have something valuable to say; they all do – they fail because they stop writing; they stopped giving and providing valuable ideas to others.
To create the abundance mindset, be willing to give.
It's no different than with money.
Are you Mr El-Cheap-O?
Maybe you're one of those people who holds onto every penny you've got – save money for a rainy day sort of thinking. I know because I used to be that person. Maybe you're really frugal with your money or what I like to call Mr El-Cheap-O.
There's nothing wrong with being frugal. What I'm talking about is something completely different. I'm talking about the hoarders, the real savers – the people who are scared to spend their money.
Just remember that holding onto your money doesn't bring more of it to you. It does just the opposite. Holding onto or hoarding your money (in fear) is evidence enough that you don't think there is enough. And when you don't think you have enough, you're projecting the scarcity mindset or what my friend Julia calls the "scare-city" mindset. This mindset is based in fear.
Are you short on time?
Some people are always running out of time – like it was cash or some commodity. They're always in a panic to get stuff done. They're time vampires. They literally devour their time and suck the life out of themselves – until there is no time left.
These time vampires live in the lake of lack. The don't give away their time because they don't think there is "enough time" to give. And when you don't think there is enough, you're coming from scarcity or lack.
The way you do anything is the way you do everything. If there is lack in one area, then there is lack in all areas of your life. It really comes down to your mindset.
So, how do you break the pattern?
You've got to be willing to give from where you are.
Give what you got because giving signals "more-than-enoughness." It signals abundance. When you're in a state of giving, and giving willingly you're telling others (and yourself) that there is plenty. That there is more than enough for everyone.
"You receive through the same doorway through which you give. The way to receive freely is to give freely. Quality is more important than quantity, since the universe amplifies thought into circumstance. Begin giving, and let God perfect your giving." ~ Brad Jensen
Here are 6 ways to give and create the abundance mindset:
- Are you short on time? If that's the case, give away some of your time. Take time to give to others. You don't have to dedicate 90% of your day to serving others – that's not what I'm saying. Just find that balance between giving and receiving. Find an organization or a person that you really love and volunteer some of your time. Give your time away.
- Don't feel loved? You've got to give some before you get some. Give away some hugs. Go out right now and give 5 people you know a big hug. I guarantee right after you do this, you'll feel great. You'll feel like a million bucks! Why? Because you feel loved. And you can only feel loved when you give that love to others. Go out right now and hug 5 people!
- Short on Cash? Give some away. Yes, you heard me right. I'm not saying you should sell the farm, far from it. But you may consider giving money to a charity, giving money to a friend who needs it, or even giving money to a panhandler in the street. Givers gain.
- Are you stuck? Do you want to get unstuck? Help others first. Think of someone you know that is having a similar problem. And think of a way that you could help them based on what you know. Write down what you plan to do to help this person and then go out and do it. I'm telling you this works! When you help others wholeheartedly, help will always come back to you.
- Lacking self-belief? Yup, you know it. You've got to give it away! If you lack self-belief, then give away that belief to others. What do I mean? Find someone you know who is lacking in self-confidence or in self-belief and give them a boost. Spend some time with this person and feed their mind. Tell them how much you believe in them. Tell them how successful you see them becoming; how you always knew they could make it. Tell them how proud you are of them. Fill their mind with positive ideas. Instill belief in others and belief will come flowing abundantly to you.
- Short on ideas? This is my favorite. If you're short on creative ideas, give them away! Give others creative ways to increase business, find a new stimulating career or improve their health. Give ideas away and ideas will flood right back to you.
With all of these tips, you have to start with where you are. You can't give what you don't have. Be willing to give what you got from where you are and I promise you – abundance will flow into your life. You will be actively creating the abundance mindset.
Steve is a Life Coach and the creator of Freedom Education – Mind Power for Your Personal Growth. He is also the author of the ebook, The Genius Within YOU. You can download his ebook here.